Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The List

This list is one that I have been keeping since my second or third day of my internship. As events occur, I will clue you in. But first I have to catch up.

-Gabe and Debra attempt to be sneaky, by standing outside their office (which is next to me) and plan how to leave without being noticed ("just close the door and turn off the lights, they won't notice!") p.s. I noticed.
-Kim and Deidre are excited about old furniture, esp. old recliners. (Hey, did you know they have slipcovers?!)
-Debra leaves her desk approx. every 10 (or 5) minutes.
-Laura will tackle you if you try to take the bathroom from her.
-On some days, so will Annie
-Actually, so will most people.
-Tim mutters to himself. (yes, I can hear you)
-Very few walk by Gabe and Debra without stopping for candy
-Then they wonder where it all goes...?
-People call the cubicles next to eachother...and I can hear both sides of the said conversation
-The copier is possessed.
-The copier has been named Mindy, because of its 13 year old, bratty girl ways.
-"Letterhead!" and "Envelope!" must always be sung
-I think there is a slumberparty going on in Laura and Kimmy's cubicle because they always seem to be giggling!
-The elevator takes forever...
-...and everyone will comment on it...
-...every time
-All the apprentices take the elevator together
-and its funny when they try and pile out all at once
-If there is a congregation inbetween the cubicles, don't go through it, wait for it to pass
-People trip way more often than you would think
-Annie sings a lot
-and she's good too!
-Everyone seems happier on puppy days
-Especially Jenn Byrne
-The chairs outside of Marcia and Annie's office "feel like detention"
-Wine tastings and grocery shopping are offical business
-Shopping and just not wanting to work anymore are good enough reasons to leave
-It is possible (and actually pretty easy) to fill up 2 bags of shredding and still have more to shred
-Ruth used to be a florest
-and appearently so was Beth
-Sitting in front of a computer for hours turns interns into crazys
-If Kim isn't working, neither will I
-It may take up to 5 people to decide how many Gala invites we should order (6,800? 7,000? 7,250?)
-There are perks to being a management intern:
-It is mandatory for you to go to the staff cook-out 3 hours early to help 'set up'
-You get to puppy-sit all day
-A lot more free food than expected!
-A lot of strange topics come up at lunch
-The perfect marriage proposal (Tim says "would you like an engagement ring with that?")
-Divorce (Laura and Beth are waiting until after 25 to marry!)
-Global Warming (We're moving to Hawaii soon! Office on the beach!)
-Time needs a tracking device so Annie can always find him!
-Every time Kim leaves her desk, her phone will ring
-Sometimes Annie will leave her office and return a few hours later to find a meeting being held without her in her office
-It is amazing how quickly the office clears at the prospect of free food

That's all for now, but I'll keep you posted!

No comments: