Six Thousand. Eight Hundred. Thirty One. Invitations.
Five Hundred. Seventy Eight. (or so I hear) Seats.
Three Hundred. Four Hundred. (take your pick) Sold before invites went out.
This gala is already causing insanity in the office, even to innocent victims (i.e. interns and apprentices) who don't even get to partake in the joyous event that I am sure this will be.
To all those who helped write notes, fold invites, stuff envelopes, stamp, seal, run to the post office, keep everything in order-THANKS! YOU ROCK. I thought they would never get done, but because of all the apprenti (no seriously, we stuffed a huge chunk when they were there!) and other random staff members who dropped in when they had a second we finished on Friday night. I had originally planned on being in the office from Wednesday until Sunday. Basically, the thought of even getting out of that dressing room and seeing the light of day seemed far fetched, and after a few hours, hilarious. But it was reachable, and because of you, I sat outside and enjoyed my Saturday before opening!
P.S. Shoutout to Kimmy-Was totally anal retentive throughout the whole process, and kept us in line, and was totally stressing-but she is the reason all the invites look so great and got out when they did! So if you see her-give her a hug, or a high five, or whatever, and just make sure she knows she rocks. because she does.
Happy Tuesday!
-Kate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment