Tuesday, July 15, 2008

For Jodi

Hey Jodi, I know you like to be kept informed. So I'll give you a little update on what's going on right this very minute in the office. (or what I can see from my corner).

It is 2:52pm according to my computer, 2:51pm according to my phone, and 2:53pm according to my watch. Whatever, take your pick!

So right now there are two unnamed apprenti giggling, coming out of Gabes office. They walk inbetween the cubicles, come back, and press the elevator button. They ask if I am blogging, which...I am. Go figure? They giggle their way into the elevator and I can here them as they go up. They go up, and thats the last I see of them.

James wanders downstairs, into the work room, then down the hall. He goes and talks to someone in a cubicle that I cannot see, returns, presses the elevator button, groans either cause it is taking too long or because he forgot something, then walks to the workroom. It dings, but he does not get on. He is trying to open a computer paper box. So far, he has been unsuccessful. But, wait! He finally gets it. Go James.

I can hear the still two apprenti laughing above me. Now James is back. The elevator has to come back because i think the apprenti took it up another floor. James is holding two things of paper, and is sucking on his finger. (He got a vicious paper cut, and may cry). He gets on and leaves me to my lonesome again.

Now Debra and Laura walk by, talking about cronic pain? I don't really know, but they go into the office, and I am once again alone. Oh wait, Laura comes back out, and gets onto the elevator, she is heading up to Debra's acting class. Now where is Debra?

But now it is 3pm (computer) 2:59 (phone) or 3:01 (watch), and I must get back to work!

Hope you're having fun at Harvard!

-Kate

3 comments:

Jodi Schoenbrun Carter said...

THANK YOU. What a wonderful update? How come you didn't get James a bandage.

Unknown said...

ahaha, must be peter and emma. but how did you still hear them?!

Kate said...

it was peter and emma haha, and it is amazing what I can here from the elevator!