First off: Jodi, in response to your comment (since blogspot is being silly and won't let me comment..) "vicious paper cut and he might cry" was a direct quote from James, all in sarcasm, and then he got on the elevator back up to the box office. I did make sure he was okay, if that makes you feel better!
But secondly. I am currently (well..as in I did preshow, and am waiting for intermission) bartending for Scramble! Usually, preshow I am pressed for time and am throwing (not litterally I promise!) Becks and Pino at patrons. However, today, being Wednesday, the audience is packed with seniors. So I have had some time to observe my customers, that is to say, customer. I was approached by 3 or 4 men, asking their wives, "hey do you want a drink?" but they were swiftly taken by the arm and told "no, it's too early". One man bought a beer, however he was slightly younger than our usual Wednesday audience, and was later accompanied by another man, presumibly a golf buddy instead of a watchful wife. I was also told by more than one person, "I can't drink now! I'll fall asleep during the show!" I, of course, told them the show was so funny they couldn't sleep through it, but they just look at me as though I am a naive teenager (which, granted, I can be) and just walk away. I was then asked by an English woman if she could fill out a slip to preorder a drink for the interval? I didn't know what she was talking about, and just told her I would be here at intermission, and she could order from me then. She then laughed and said, nobody does that in the UK! But she was happy, and said she would be back, so that's all good. Then lastly, the big bus of elderly pulls in. One woman was actually excited when she saw me wheeling away the bar (they had showed up at exactly 2:00) and said "oh! we get all dressed up, get to see a great show, AND they have booze!" I just had to laugh, and figured I would share it with all my readers, just so you could laugh too. Not laughing? Just picture it. An elderly woman, overpowered nose, wearing a large straw hat, a pastel floral dress with front buttons and shoulderpads, good ol' theraputic sandles, exlaiming to her friend about alcohol!
But, speaking of which, I must get back to my duties!
Until next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment